- The Qcells AC module represents an industry-first; a PV module and inverter made by the same manufacturer.
- AC modules utilize supply chains that minimize carbon footprint and support American manufacturing.
- New SMART System on display at Qcells’ exhibition booth at RE+ 2023.
[San Francisco, CA, September 11, 2023] Qcells, a leading complete energy solutions provider, today introduced its groundbreaking SMART System to the U.S Residential Solar and Energy Storage Market.
The Qcells AC SMART System is set to redefine the solar landscape as it represents a U.S. industry-first, a PV module and inverter made by the same manufacturer. The Qcells AC Module, a complete energy solution from America’s #1 PV Module provider, is a step forward in product innovation and sets new sustainability benchmarks for the industry.
Qcells’ AC SMART System:
- Utilizes supply chains that prioritize carbon footprint reductions and support American manufacturing through domestic assembly of the AC Module and key system components.
- Safe by design, the SMART System leverages distributed AC architecture to increase energy availability and lower levelized cost of energy.
- Efficiently maximizes energy yield at the module level.
- AC modules offer design flexibility and scalability, making them ideal for complex installations.
- The AC Smart System includes an all-in-one energy storage system paired with AC modules.
“The AC SMART System represents a leap forward in terms of product innovation, and a significant advancement towards Qcells’ goal of being a complete end-to-end energy solutions provider in the US,” said Qcells Head of Residential and C&I Businesses, David Shin.
The new SMART System will be on display at Qcells’ exhibition booth (#3721) at RE+ 2023 (SPI) from September 11th – 14th in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Qcells AC Module and All-in-One Battery System will be commercially available in North America in the second half of 2024.
Qcells is one of the world’s leading clean energy companies, recognized for its established reputation as a manufacturer of high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules, portfolio of intelligent storage systems, and growing international pipeline of large-scale renewable energy projects. Qcells also provides renewable electricity retail services and packages to end customers the world over. The company is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) with its diverse international manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Malaysia, China, and South Korea. Qcells offers Completely Clean Energy through the full spectrum of photovoltaic products, storage solutions, renewable electricity contracting and large-scale solar power plants. Through its growing global business network spanning North America, Europe, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, Qcells provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, governmental and residential markets. For more information, visit: https://us.qcells.com/
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as “will,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “future,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates” and similar statements. Among other things, the quotations from management in this press release and Q CELLS’ operations and business outlook, contain forward-looking statements. Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Except as required by law, Q CELLS does not undertake any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Marta Stoepker, Public Relations Director
Qcells North America